Thursday, October 22, 2009

C is for Cook...Captain!; Shepp; Kobasew

Mr. Koivu, the first permanent captain in Wild history...man-crush on that guy. In fact, I ordered the new Wild Third Jersey with 9 and C on it!

I don't know about all of you...well, I'll pretend that there are actually people who read this blog from time to time, but Koivu looked possessed last night. I would never question his effort or game but he appeared to have confidence with the puck that he had last year during his few month stint as captain.

Call me crazy but when Koivu is on, he is Forsberg-lite down low. He protects the puck, goes to the net and has good hands. He also gets into spitting matches with other defensemen (Foote last night). And he doesn't dive!! OK, low blow but oh so deserved.



In other news, I thought Sheppard actually moved his feet and looked good on the forecheck. Yes, he did fan on a beautiful opportunity from Havlat but that looks more like confidence than talent. I go back and forth with this kid every game...when he moves his feet, I think he will make it as a second liner. But, when he doesn't, then I want to make him do Herbies for hours...


I like Kobasew. I knew what we were getting since I have watched him play several times but the speed and work ethic is there. And once Clutterbuck comes back, I can't help but think defensemen will start hating playing the Wild...nothing like speed, effort and physical play to take time and space away from defensemen. It was only one game but expect the same effort every night with a point here and there every few games.


C IS FOR COOKIE--NUM NUM NUM

No comments:

Post a Comment