Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oh, That Clutterbuck; Prospects Stats Update

Calvin Clutterbuck-what a shot last night, eh? I also really thought he looked good on the powerplay, something I hope Richards considers more often. He took three shots, one missing the far corner, then hitting the pipe on the second shot and the third going into the goalie's chest. But, he keeps it simple and has a great shot.

Also, I love the mustache on him. He also has the good ol' yellow teeth with the chew spots which was shown as he was jawing at the ref after he felt he was interfered with on the penalty kill late in the game.

For any of you who play EHM Fantasy Hockey Manager 2007 with the updated rosters, the 2009/2010 rosters came out today at The Blue Line. All I know is Clutterbuck better be a good third liner because I intend on taking him early!


In other news, I thought Russo's blog the other day calling out Burns was necessary. Burns does appear to have such a great personality but he almost seems too positive to be able to take some criticism and say "Yea, I sucked it up and have to play better.". Burns, after Koivu (sorry Clutterbuck), is my favorite player. But I really had high hopes for him this season. I still think he has so much potential but is either trying to do too much, or doesn't have the mental side I was hoping he would develop.

Also, has anyone missed Johnsson? Scott has not made any dumb plays, keeps it simple and brings that presence to the front of the net. I know Johnsson is a great skater and makes a good first pass but he has looked horrendous this year. It will really be telling when he comes back because if the Wild start having a whole bunch of odd-man rushes again, I will fault Johnsson.

Zidlicky has looked great even if he does get a little too aggressive. But, with Schultz no longer pinching in every time and Burns being more cautious, Zidlicky works because people are back to support him.

Brodziak is really growing on me as well. In fact, I love the Kobasew-Brodziak-Clutter line. They all finish their checks, hustle and have some finish to them.



The Gophs split. After a rough Friday night, they won last night, even after being outshot roughly 2-1.

A good weekend for the Houston Aeros as well, going 2-0. As I have mentioned in other blogs, please checkout The Third Intermission for awesome Aeros coverage!



Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment